Flucon Oil Aeration Machine FOAM
When oil aeration is a challenge, FOAM is your solution.
The foaming of lubricants and hydraulic oils can cause functional problems and damages in many technical applications. As a consequence of the general pursuit of maximum compactness and efficiency, operational fluids are exposed to growing strains, and thus the risk of undissolved air accumulating in the medium is increased. Aerated oils can suffer dramatical loss of lubricity and gain unwanted compressibility, which can cause serious damage to power-transmitting components.
flucon, who have become a top-notch expert in the field of fluid aeration ever since we produced our gas-content measuring system CGS, have now developed a totally new device for the controlled introduction of gas into oils, thus enabling users to counteract the problems arising from entrained air in their fluid-carrying systems.
Since this was a completely new field of research, flucon were supported by ZIM, a German government funding program for exceptional innovations.
flucon present their latest innovation:
Oil Aeration Machine FOAM
Our FOAM (Flucon Oil Aeration Machine) is a compact unit that contains a 40 L-tank (type FOAM S), which can be easily integrated into your fluid circuit as a reservoir, where it then produces consistent air-in-oil dispersions.
If you favor an external installation, with an aeration unit added to your pre-existing, open reservoir, you may prefer our FOAM XL-x.
Customers can choose gas contents from 0 to 25 vol.-%* for their oil. While the FOAM is adding the desired amount of entrained gas to your fluid fully automatically, there is no need for a compressed air supply. When the gas content reaches the required level, the user may go ahead and pump the aerated oil through his circuit.
Of course, due to both the natural air separation and the strain of your process, the gas content of the oil will slowly decrease until it is fed back to the tank. But the automatic degassing compensation function takes care of that: once the FOAM has been calibrated with the oil of your choice, it constantly measures the exact gas content within the tank and intelligently inserts additional air to keep the gas content on a constant level. The integrated sight glass (FOAM S) visualizes the foaming and proves the homogeneity of your dispersion stream.
The temperature control compensates for the heat which is generated through the aeration process. If you go for our FOAM S you can also heat up the oil according to your test conditions by means of its built-in heater.
FOAM // General features
- continuous production of consistent and homogeneous air-in-oil dispersions (micro-bubble mixtures)
- adjustable gas content 0...25 vol.-% (* max. content depends on the viscosity of your fluid)
- automatic degassing compensation
- integrated temperature control (& 2 kW heater for FOAM S)
- fully applicable to your fluid circuit or test bench
- no compressed air supply needed
- easy integration through included reservoir (16 L) or external setup
- high accuracy of gas content measurement
- simple handling and compact size
- analog interface (standard: 0-10 V) for all key process parameters as well as for external control
- sight glass for aeration visualization
- oil according to customer‘s choice (only requires single calibration)
- successfully tested with many modern oils and transmission fluids
- standard digital interface (RS 232) for an optional connection to your WINDOWS PC (flucon FOAM software included)
FOAM // Types
1) FOAM S
- continuous production of temperature-controlled micro-bubble mixtures
- includes 40 Liter reservoir (requires 16 l min.)
- suitable for flow rates of up to 20 l/min
- comes with both heater (20 - 120°C) and air cooler
- integrated gas content measurement
- approx. measures: L 500 mm x D 500 mm x H 1100 mm, weight: ca. 100 kg
- own pump required
- customer may choose setpoints for both gas content and oil temperature
- scheme of possible application (customer's components marked in red):
2) New: FOAM XL-x
- external aeration unit with hoses placed inside the customer's reservoir
- 3-phase motor 400 V 50-60 Hz; high efficiency (IE3)
- suitable for higher flow rates of up to 60 l/min (please ask us about higher rates)
- precise control: external gas content measurement at customer's suction point (reliable CG measurement at atmospheric pressure)
- approx. measures: L 850 mm x D 700 mm x H 1100 mm
- scheme of potential setup (customer's components marked in red):
Ready to aerate?
Whatever works best for your aeration test bed - we're here to help you and find individual solutions. Get in touch now and learn more about FOAM and its various functions and possibilities. If you would like to get further information and a non-binding quotation, simply follow the link below to make an inquiry.
Control your aeration, solve your problems.
Are you interested in our FOAM technology? Contact us now for further information and a quotation without engagement.
We are looking forward to your inquiry!
Experts in fluids. Experts in aeration.