Who we are - Experts in fluids.
Here at flucon fluid control GmbH, we're dedicated to fluid measurement technology.
The development, production and distribution of innovative measuring instruments is one of the main objects of our company. We offer the following unique instruments:
- Q-Vis Quartz Viscometer for process applications,
- CGS Inline Aeration Meter for the determination of the gas concentrations in two-phase flows,
- LAMBDA Thermal Conductivity Meter for fluids (conforming to ASTM D7896-19).
Recently we have added three more innovations to the flucon portfolio:
- FOAM Aeration Test Rig for patented component performance and failure testing with aerated oils,
- EPSILON+ lab conductometer for the static determination of the dielectric fluid properties in accordance with DIN 51 111 as well as
- E-Lub Tester for dynamic testing of the dielectric lubricant properties and breakdown tendency at variable operating conditions.
flucon's second objective is our service sector offered in the field of fluid research:
- The unique flucon laboratory is used for fluid analysis of lubricants and other fluids. Depending on each customer´s requirements, a wide range of fluid characteristics can be determined as a function of temperature and/or pressure (up to 1.4 GPa) on the basis of 50-300 ml fluid samples.
- Furthermore, flucon offers consulting services in the field of customer-specific challenges related to fluids and fluid characteristics.
Success through innovation – for over 30 years!
Our company was founded in 1991 by graduates and former members of the Institute of Tribology and Machine Kinetics of the Technical University of Clausthal, Germany. Since 2013, flucon's management has been located in Osterode, a city in the Harz mountain area in Northern Germany. In September of 2020, flucon moved their headquarters to Bad Lauterberg/Barbis, a neighbor town that can be reached quite easily via Autobahn A7 or A38.
New home, same mission.
From Barbis our innovative company delivers unique and accurate measuring instruments and result reports of fluid analyses to customers from various industries worldwide.
In 2021 we were proud to celebrate flucon's 30th anniversary. Ever since '91 this has been a success story of unique ideas and vigorous engineering - a story that is definitely far from completion.
To face the future, you have to care about sustainability. We work on our zero emission goal every day. Equipped with a brand-new 100 kW PV system our facility produces three times as much energy as we consume - providing a valuable regional contribution to climate protection.
The 2nd generation of innovators.
In 2018, flucon Executive Dr. Bode gave the younger generation the lead: while it will be his pleasure to stay available to you and the company as an advisor, he has proudly passed on the management of our high-tech family business to his twin children, Ms. Johanna Hausner and Mr. Simon Hausner.
We want to thank all of our customers and business partners for the confidence they’ve invested in us, and we’ll carry on and stick to our principles: developing advanced test equipment and giving our very best to meet the individual customer requirements.
Our common denominator: inventiveness.
What would flucon be without its employees? Our team is as competent as it is passionate, as inquisitive as it is experienced, as empathetic as it is versatile. A colorful mix of young high potentials and old hands who draws their innovative strength from their diversity. In addition to a lot of lifetime, we therefore share the passion for fluids and for the constant improvement of technologies and test methods.