LAMBDA Thermal Conductivity Meter
LAMBDA is a compact, operator-friendly transient hot wire instrument that facilitates a fast determination of the thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity in a wide temperature and pressure range by means of the transient hot wire (THW) method, according to ASTM D7896-19.
This highly accurate athermal calorimeter is suited for fluid analysis in the laboratory as well as in the field, including the measurement of thermal conductivity of nanoparticle dispersions/nano fluids.
Our LAMBDA Thermal Conductivity Meter can be operated either in stand-alone mode or with the intuitive software (incl.) on your WINDOWS computer via RS-232/USB.
- highly accurate thermal conductivity meter for laboratory use
- wide measuring range (10 - 2000 mW/(m*K))
- wide temperature range (-50°C to 300°C)
- fast, instationary resistance measurement by means of the hot wire method
- conforms to ASTM D7896-19
- robust stainless steel sensor
- no unwanted influence of convection
- suitable for any type of fluid, powder or gel
- requires only small sample volumes (approx. 40 ml)
- high accuracy and repeatability (+/- 1 %)
- short set-up time
- additional approximation of thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity based on reference density data
- thermal conductivity (λ), thermal diffusivity (aT), specific heat capacity (cp) and temperature are displayed
- quick and intuitive to operate
- RS-232/USB connection to your PC for automatic measurement and temperature control
- functional LAMBDA software included
- optional thermostats available for automatic sample temperature control within different ranges
Easy and fast measurement
For the determination of the thermal conductivity LAMBDA only requires a small sample volume of 40 ml. Simply immerse the probe with its platinum hot wire into your liquid sample and your meter will determine the thermal conductivity of your fluid in a one-minute interval.
Fields of application
This compact and highly accurate instrument opens up new possibilities for the flexible application in both laboratory and field:
- Optimization of fluid development: Improve your development of HTF, silicone oils, insulation oils, coolants etc.
- Optimization of fluid applications: Solve thermal problems of your application or optimize the heat transfer in your process.
- Quality control: Check the thermal conductivity of your incoming/outgoing liquids.
- Fluid analysis in the field: Optimize your service and maintenance intervals.
Modes of operation
Thanks to its intuitive menu the LAMBDA meter can be operated in a stand-alone mode. In addition you may use your PC with the powerful LAMBDA software to set up automatic conductivity measurements within a temperature range of your choice. The captured CSV-based data can be exported easily, e.g. to EXCEL, for your further analysis.
Optional thermostat for automatic sample temperature control
We also offer different types of thermostats which can be controlled automatically by your LAMBDA meter so you can quickly set any sample temperature for which you require thermal characterization:
- OMEGA dry thermostat (standard, as shown below): RT to 300°C
- Julabo fluid thermostat w/ heat exchanger vessel for additional cooling: -25°C (or below) to 300°C
|Suitable media||fluids, gels, powders|
|Sample quantity||approx. 40 ml|
|Measuring range||10 - 2000 mW/(m*K)|
|Repeatability limit||1 %|
|Temperature range - sensor||-50°C - 300°C
|Temperature accuracy||± 0,1°C|
|Pressure range - sensor||0 - 35 bar (optional HP version up to 10.000 bar available)|
|Response time||ca. 60 s|
|Connectivity||RS-232 interface (adaptable to USB)|
|Display||LCD (4 x 16 digits)|
|Dimensions electronic unit (LxWxH)||370 x 235 x 150 mm|
|Weight - system||approx. 2,9 kg|
|Power supply||110 - 240 V AC, 50/60Hz|
|Outer dimensions sample vessel (screw-on cup)||D = 38 mm (equals inner diameter of thermostat jacket);
L = 110 mm (equals immersion depth into thermostat)
see picture below